Sunday, August 12, 2012

Gallery Espresso

I've previously discussed my trip to Savannah, and I made mention of the eclectic shops and cafes.  For instance, we had brunch in a place that also served as an art gallery.  There are all sorts of places of this nature, all with their own twist.  Gallery Espresso claims to be the oldest coffee house in Savannah.


Now, i don't know if they're really the oldest coffee house, but I do know that I liked Gallery Espresso.  Like any other coffee house, there were a variety of drinks and pastries.  They even offered soup and sandwiches.

The atmosphere is Gallery Espresso was both welcoming and intimidating.  There were a myriad of mis-matched chairs placed around, welcoming you to sit down.  There were normal tables and chairs, as well as large wing chairs and sofas.  There is seating set up for large groups, as well as the lone individual.  The feeling of intimidation is probably just personal to me.  You can tell certain individuals are regulars when you see them spread out over large spaces, exhibiting characteristics that indicate they're familiar with the place and people.

Mark had some weird flavored tea, which he spoke highly of.  As I was not feeling well, I opted for a bottle of water.  We also split a chocolate filled croissant, which was delicious.  I would have been interested in having lunch here, had we not already had plans.

When we arrived, there were only a couple people ahead of us in line.  By the time we ordered and had our drinks and snack, there was quite a line.  Unlike many other coffee shops I have been in, Gallery Espresso was set up very efficiently.  Many coffee houses don't have a good place for the line.  This place was wise enough to have a clearly defined place for the line, which can easily extend to the door without causing problems.  This alone endears them to me.

If you happen to be in Savannah, stop into Gallery Espresso.  I didn't think the drinks or snacks were anything extraordinary, but I really enjoyed the atmosphere.  The set up is well thought out, and it is quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment