Monday, August 27, 2012

Costco Pinwheel Sandwiches

Before we get started, let me clear something up.  I can eat items purchased from Costco.  I'm pretty sure they're safe, but I know that some people at work today showed concern.  That being said, the pinwheel sandwiches from Sam's Club are superior.

Now, before you assume I gave the sandwiches the pinwheel moniker, let me assure you that I heard at least two other people call them that today.  Essentially, they take a wrap, put down what they want in the sandwich, and roll it up.  Then, they cut it into pieces about an inch thick.  They look like cute little pinwheels.  

Today, to celebrate the merging of two great branches*, we were having a party for our customers.  We had bagged chips and bottled water from Sam's Club.  We had to get the trays of pinwheel sandwiches from Costco, since Sam's Club no longer provides sandwich trays full of sandwichy goodness.**  

Now, when I taste tested the Costco purchase, it was around 4 o'clock, after they had set out most of the day.  The Clark Bar, in his infinite wisdom, put the tray on ice.  This kept the sandwiches nice and cool.  As much as it pains me to say this, it was pretty tasty.  The sandwich kept its shape and flavor after being out all day.  The wrap had not grown dry, nor hard.  

While I award some respect points to Costco, the Sam's Club pinwheels are better.  This may just be personal preference, as I don't care for tomatoes on my sandwiches.  Whereas Sam's Club uses roasted red peppers in theirs, Costco opts to go the tomato route.  There is nothing wrong with that, but it knocks them down a bit in the rankings.***

Because Sam's Club doesn't offer sandwich tray ordering, you'll have to get your pinwheel tray at Costco.  Luckily, that's not a bad thing.  Costco is going to give you a pretty good deal and a nice product.

*In case you were wondering, they're two great tastes that taste great together.

**You win this round, Costco.

***Yes, they're imaginary rankings that only I understand.  Regardless, I'm still right.

No comments:

Post a Comment