Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sonic Milkshakes

Every once in a while, I get a craving for milkshakes.  There are few milkshakes worthy of my time.  I love the Shamrock shakes at McDonalds, but they're not around too often.  After we started visiting Myrtle Beach, I discovered Sonic and their amazing banana cream pie milkshakes.

For the last two days, I have needed a strawberry milkshake.*  On our way home tonight, after running errands, I decided it was time to get one.  We just happened to be near Sonic, so that's where we went.  Now, I'm not proud to say this, but it was around 10:30.  I know that's a little late for milkshakes, but I've been sick.  That means it's okay.

Mark and I each ordered a small milkshake.  I was shocked and amazed when they only came to $2.84....for two milkshakes!  They're small but a decent size.

Observe my strawberry milkshake.  It is
photographed next to a Dalek for
a sense of scale.

Now, it only got better when I started drinking it.  The Sonic milkshakes are thick and creamy.  We drove home and put away groceries before starting in on them, and they were still solid and cold.

I know you're wondering how these milkshakes could be any better.  Let me tell you.  They are topped with whip cream and a cherry.  That's classy.

I guess the short version of this review is Sonic milkshakes are great.  They're cheap and tasty.  Go get one.

*Yes, I said need.  Trust me.  It was a responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment