Saturday, August 18, 2012

Comic Book Girl 19 Video Reviews

My obsession with Disney park music has been going strong lately.  I primarily listen to it via YouTube.  Each time a chosen piece ends, YouTube is kind enough to give me a bunch of additional options.  I'm not sure how Disney park music led to the suggestion that I watch a video review about the second season of Game of Thrones done by Comic book Girl 19, but I'm glad it did.

As I haven't further researched her, all I know about Comic Book Girl 19 is what I picked up on from her video reviews.  She likes comic books, movies, and stuff.*  After being entertained by the Game of Thrones review, I checked out her reviews on Prometheus and the Dark Knight Rises/Amazing Spiderman.  I was not disappointed.

Now, I love discussing movies.  When it's well done, I enjoy listening to others talk about movies.  Ms. 19 presents well thought out arguments, and it's apparent she has done some research.  The production value on her reviews is also quite good.

As with any review, I don't always agree with what she has to say, but that's okay.  A reviewer does not have to have the same opinion as you to be a good reviewer.  I did agree with quite a bit of what she had to say in the reviews that I have watched.

At first, Ms. 19 is a bit hard to get used to, but that's just because I don't know a lot of tattooed people with pink hair.  She can be a bit loud and all over the place, but it's done for effect.  She's actually rather talented. If she was lacking in any area, that would be her acting.  The skits are simultaneously terrible and humorous. The troll based skit was funny but ruined the flow at times.  I'm still glad it was included though because it was something she thought needed to be said.  When you put yourself out there, you should be able to defend yourself; the fact that she did it in a funny manner is admirable.

If you enjoy listening to people talk about movies, you should at least give Comic Book Girl 19's video reviews a shot.  They're not as amazing as the Red Letter Media Star Wars reviews, but few things can live up to that.  I'm happy to say they are, however, well put together thoughts regarding relevant pieces of current pop culture.  If I was into the whole thumbs up/thumbs down thing, I would give her two thumbs, way way up.

*I believe she said something along those lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment