Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Lincoln Lawyer

When this movie first hit theaters, I heard good things about it.  For whatever reason, I never got around to seeing it in the theaters.  After watching it on Netflix tonight, I'm okay with that.  The Lincoln Lawyer is an okay movie, but that's all it is...an okay movie.

Loaded with good actors, the Lincoln Lawyer is full of fine performances.  William H. Macy and Bryan Cranston have small parts, while the film is carried mainly by Matthew McConaughey.  He turns in a solid performance, which is good.  Unfortunately, it isn't anything astounding.

The plot seems rather generic.  It is interesting, but the story never reaches any new highs.  Watching McConaughey's character try to find the right way to handle the situations he faces in the movie is not a bad way to spend two hours, but I expected more for some reason.  My lack of enthusiasm could be the result of my expectations being too high.

At no point did I want to turn off the movie, as it held my attention.  There was no real payoff though.  Obviously, not every film needs a big bang in it, but the Lincoln Lawyer felt like something that was made for TNT.  The acting was better, but the film was just okay.  It was so middle of the road, that I can't really say much about it.  If you don't have anything else to watch, it's a fine movie, but it's not a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment