Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Film Critic Hulk

I love to talk about movies with anyone that will listen and cares.  I don't like to tell people about movies; I like to have actual discussions about them.  Learning how others perceive films and how it varies from how I see them is incredibly interesting.  My favorite customers at work are the ones that will talk about movies with me.  Sometimes, I find people online that have interesting viewpoints presented in unique ways.  Film Critic Hulk is one of those people.*

The first reaction most people have when they encounter an article by Film Critic Hulk is to wonder why it's all in caps.  For some reason, there are readers who can't get past that and constantly comment on it.  The use of all caps is to convey the Hulk personality.  So, it's funny at first, and once you're used to it, it only gets better.   I hear everything I read by him in a dopey Hulk voice; it makes me happy.

Some people, hung up on the caps, miss how wonderful his articles are.  He goes in depth but keeps it understandable.  The first piece of his I ever read was about Eat Pray Love.  Now, to be honest, I haven't watched that movie. It seemed so vapid, with a spoiled main character.  I have no real basis for these feelings, just a reaction to the trailers.  Additionally, I'm not a huge Julia Roberts fan, so there wasn't much there for me. When I read his article, I appreciated that he took the time to deconstruct something like Eat Pray Love.

Furthermore, his articles are often humorous.  Hulk speak aside, they are peppered with funny observations.  I've linked multiple pieces of his in the past, but I don't know if anyone has found an interest in his work.  If there was a stumbling block for the average reader, it is probably the length of the articles.  Many people don't have the attention span for more than a few paragraphs, but I assure you it is worth it, especially when he's writing about something you are already interested in.

Now, I encourage you to seek out here.  If you want a piece he's done for another site, check out this.  The second link is a bit shorter, but it talks about the recent Avenger's movie.  Tread lightly.  Remember, if you're interested in movies, Film Critic Hulk has some interesting things to say.  Check him out, and don't be scared away by the length of the articles.  The caps make them look bigger.

*Or superheroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment