Monday, January 4, 2016

Uncrustables

Once upon a time, I was in my favorite place...Walt Disney World.

Okay, that may look like Japan, but it's
really Japan in Epcot, which is part
of Walt Disney World.

I don't know about you, but I can get an urpy tummy when travelling. It's probably due the fact that we will drive straight through to Disney, and I get so excited when we arrive that I can't sleep. This leads me to feel urpy but keep pushing myself to have fun. It's 1 am? It doesn't matter! I must unpack! Now, let's plan tomorrow. Let's lay out clothes. You get the idea...there isn't much sleep going on. This lack of sleep all contributes to an unpleasant tummy the next day.

When you're surrounded by burgers and hot dogs and are subject to an urpy tummy, it can be less than pleasant to have lunch or dinner. On one of these types of days, I walked into the food court at our hotel and sighed. I was reluctant to have to eat another burger when I was already feeling ill.* Suddenly, my eyes fell upon an intriguing sight. They had Uncrustables for sale! I had never had one before, but what's not to love about peanut butter and jelly?!?!

Oh no! There's a problem! Those are only sold in kids meals. Silly tourist! Disney is pretty lax when it comes to kids meals. I actually checked with a cast member, and she assured me it was fine.

I claimed my Uncrustable, side of grapes, and small water and strode excitedly for the check out. My mom may or may not have given me a weird look, but I didn't care! A meal that would be easy on my tummy was on the way!

I was not disappointed! The Uncrustable was the perfect combination of peanut butter and jelly. The bread was soft and seemed fresh. There was no soggy bread to be found, and they didn't skimp on the peanut butter. What a lovely, lovely day!

They are individually wrapped and 
have the nutrition information
right on the package.

Ever since that day, I have been a huge fan of Uncrustables! I don't have kids, so it may seem weird that there is a box in my freezer. That is my box of Uncrustables for lunch! I take one pretty much every day, because I am actually five years old.**

Now, while Uncrustables are incredibly awesome, there are some rules that must be observed. It's kind of like Gremlins...

I borrowed this image from Fanpop.
Thanks, guys!

  1. Do not store your Uncrustables in the refrigerator. It makes the bread dry and gross.
  2. Do not thaw then refreeze your Uncrustables. It makes the bread dry and gross.
  3. Do not eat your Uncrustables if they have been outside of the freezer for more than twelve hours. They no longer taste good at that point. They start melding into a single mass. 
If you follow these rules, the Uncrusables will never let you down. They are a quick and easy snack of good quality. As someone who refuses to freeze bread***, you would think I would shun them. I was skeptical at first, but they won me over. It doesn't hurt that the peanut butter to jelly/jam ratio is spot on and generous. 

Check out that sexy cross-section!

In short, if you're looking for a quick snack or an easy lunch, pick up some Uncrustables. Making your own peanut butter and jelly sandwiches would be cheaper, but I'll bet your bread ends up getting soggy due to that pesky jelly soaking in. That doesn't happen with Uncrustables. It's totally worth it!


*Yes, there were things like salads, but they didn't look good. Stop interrupting and read the story.

**Not really, but you get the point.

***I don't know about other bread families, but I grew up in the house of a breadman and never did we freeze bread. I'm pretty sure my grandmother did, but I don't remember it tasting all that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment