Friday, January 1, 2016

Miyabi Junior

Greeting and salutations, friends! It's been a while, but I'm back to give you my opinion on all sorts of movies, shows, food, and whatever happens to strike my fancy. Here's to hoping I do better this year than the last couple of years. Now, let's get down to business.*

Our first meal of the year was Miyabi Junior. Now, most people are locked onto their resolutions and will be avoiding eating out. As I'm finishing out my vacation, I didn't feel the drive to behave. Instead, I felt the drive to have Japanese food!

My face when I get Miyabi Jr!

Miyabi Jr. is located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in the Surfside area. They are an offshoot of Miyabi, which is a traditional Hibachi restaurant. For those not familiar, that means they cook the food in front of you on a big grill. You get a bit of a show and delicious food. While you don't get the show at Miyabi Jr., you do get the same great quality of food at a fraction of the price.

Upon entering the establishment, you will be greeted with "Welcome to Miyabi Jr." They always do this. Sometimes, one person will say it then others will echo, if they're not on the ball. The entryway leads you up to the counter,where you can place your order.

We're fancy. We get digital menu screens.

Tonight, we just wanted to get home, so we ordered our food to go. I got a teriyaki chicken and steak entree. I got double zucchini with no onions. Mark ordered a chicken bowl with broccoli. Miyabi Jr. is always willing to accommodate your tastes. Don't like mushrooms? That's fine. They'll leave them off. Want extra an extra side? Just let them know. I've ordered in places where they make you feel bad for having special requests. I have never felt that way at Miyabi Jr. They are seriously the nicest people.

If you're getting your order to go, they have some benches to sit on while you wait. There are also plenty of tables, should you choose to eat in. If you get your order to go, they will call out your number. If you are eating in, they will bring the food to your table. Dine in orders are served on glass plates with real silverware!**

We had a wait of maybe ten minutes before our food was ready When we stepped up to collect our order, the young lady offered us sauces. There is a self serve station when you're eating in, but if you're taking it to go, they keep little containers of sauce behind the counter. It's quick and easy! They do not balk, no matter how many sides you ask for.*** Thus far, they've never charged me for it.

Sauces! Get your sauces here!

Once we got home, we started unloading all of our goods. As usual, the order was perfect. I've had Miyabi Jr. many times and never had the order be incorrect. They are top notch when it comes to accuracy. I'm happy to report they are also top notch when it comes to food quality. As usual, all of our food tasted great! The quality may vary a bit from time to time, but we've never had a bad meal. Whether we take it to go or dine in, the food comes out great.

Check out that sexy zucchini!

My steak was cooked as requested. The chicken does tend to be a bit more hit or miss. Sometimes, it is amazingly tender. Today, it was normal. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. It's well sauced, which is good. The rice was cooked perfectly, and they gave me the double zucchini instead of onions. I wasn't able to finish my food, however, as the portion sizes are huge! When you factor in the soup I also got, it was inevitable that I wasn't going to eat it all. Mark assures me it heats up nicely the next day. Leftovers for the win!

Chicken and broccoli, you say?

Mark reports that his chicken bowl was great. He wanted broccoli, which does not normally accompany the dish. Miyabi Jr. was happy to oblige.

Isn't that a pretty veggie roll?****

We ordered ourselves some vegetable sushi, as well. It was quite good.***** It isn't as good as the sushi from Tokyo Dining at Disney's Epcot, but it'll do. It's got the right flavor and consistency. You can't ask for much more!

Overall, Miyabi Jr. is great. The price is right, especially for the serving size and food quality. The friendly staff and clean restaurant are just icing on the cake. If you want good Japanese food but don't want to invest the time to go to Miyabi, visit Miyabi Jr. It's awesome!

I don't know why, but I like these cats!
They have the perfect
amount of derp.

*And defeat the Huns.

**So fancy!

***We usually get two of each. However, we once got eight sides of the mayo sauce. We didn't realize we had some in the bag when we asked.

****The first one Mark ate looked disgusting. The ginger was white, so when he put the soy sauce on it, it just looked awful. This is a much prettier example. You're welcome.

*****I have never had the desire to eat sushi with raw fish in it, and Mark broke himself of it after one attempt. We had gone out with Rick, and Mark was matching Rick piece for piece... Suddenly, Mark had to run to the bathroom. He hasn't tried sushi with raw fish since. Shout out to Rick. /wave

No comments:

Post a Comment