Wednesday, January 6, 2016

BurgerFi

Day six of the new year, and we are still being bad. Today, we decided to meet at BurgerFi for dinner, and it was oh so good! Let me tell you all about it!

That is a sexy burger ad!

BurgerFi is a fancy burger joint. They've got burgers, fries, onion rings, hot dogs, and frozen custard treats.* Tonight, we went with one burger, one hot dog, and a cry and fry, which is a fry and onion ring combo side.** Of course, we also ordered drinks.

The strawberry lemonade is quite good.
Mark had the Vitamin
Water orangeade.

Once you've placed your order, the very nice lady at the register will give you your cups. She will also give you a pager/GPS thingy.*** Once you choose your table, you place the pager on a stand., which is how the staff will find you. 

There are an abundance of tables.

Check out that technology! There is the pager/GPS magic tablet box thing.

You don't have to stand there waiting, and you don't have to listen for them to call out your name or number. Instead, you can pass time at the drink area or relaxing at your table while they make your food fresh.

Coca-Cola Freestyle machines? Don't
mind if I do. Actually, I had
strawberry lemonade.

After a few minutes, a very nice young man brought our food out to the table. First up, let's look at the cry and fry. You can get one or the other, but we like to go with the combo. It is the best of both worlds. The fries are on par with those you get at Five Guys, but they are a bit less greasy. They are a natural cut, skin on, and very good.  

Mmmm....

You'll notice that the number of fries far exceeds the number of onion rings. However, those are huge onion rings. They are both light and crisp, with a very good flavor. The onion inside is cooked perfectly and is easy to bite through. When you bite into an onion ring and the whole onion comes out, that's just gross. You don't have that problem with these beauties.

I didn't have a banana to use for a 
size comparison, so you'll have
to use my bite radius. I have
a big mouth,and that is a 
huge onion ring.

I opted to have the BurgerFi cheeseburger. It's two patties on a soft bun.**** I had white cheddar, bacon, pickles, and BurgerFi sauce as my toppings. I think I prefer the regular American cheese, but I wanted to try something a bit different today.

This is not as pretty as the ad.

BurgerFi burger patties have been consistently juicy. I have not had a burger from them that was dry or overcooked. Each time I've had them, they have been perfect!

Cross-section time! Also, I was not
able to eat the entire burger.

Mark opted to get one of the hot dogs. He chose the Chicago style Kobe beef dog, which admittedly looks great. It is, however, a bit messy.

They split the hot dog down the middle, 
which seems fancy. I know it isn't,
but there you have it.

The myriad of toppings were fresh and crisp. He did manage to get that tiny pepper on the end right into his suit sleeve. Don't ask me how he manages these things. I really don't know. He reports that you may want to ask them to go light on the onion/celery salt, as it made his burger a bit salty. You can actually see the salt on the pickle. He says he would order it again.

Check out that sexy hot dog cross-
section. Also the neon relish
weirds me out.

All in all, it was a very good meal. Beware, however, as it can be kind of expensive. It's better quality food, and you pay for it. Our burger, hot dog, cry and fry, and two drinks were about $28. It was worth it, but I wouldn't be running here for lunch or going every day. 

This is the toppings bar for the custard.*****

We weren't able to finish all our food, so we weren't able to check out the frozen custard. Mark has had it many times before and loves it. They will actually make floats for you, which are prepared using sodas that contain real cane sugar. 

I affectionately refer to that as Mexi-
Coke, since it is a product of
Mexico. They sell it at
Sams Club, and it
is the best!

If you've never been to a BurgerFi, it is worth your time. The food is good, and the employees are great. It's always been clean, and it has a nice atmosphere. Give it a try, but be prepared for the sticker shock.

*You can tell they're fancy because they have those digital menu screens.

**Yes, I realize you probably figured that out.

***That's a technical term.

****Get your mind out of the gutter.

*****This picture is at a weird angle for my friend, Elise. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment