Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Fintorp

I don't know if we've talked about it yet, but Ikea is amazing. I can go in there needing nothing but still run across something that makes my life easier. What's even better is that it is usually pretty affordable. Out of all the items we've purchased at Ikea, our Fintorp* has to be in my top five favorites.

I know you're supposed to be looking at the
fintorp, but the Scrooged themed towel 
from my dad has to be the coolest
item in the picture.

Fintorp isn't actually the name of the item; it's the name of the series of items. We don't need to be that specific, so we will just refer to it as the fintorp. I suppose it is time to actually talk about what it is. It's a rail that we have in the kitchen of our home. It's located under our cupboard and gives us additional storage. We initially picked it up because we wanted some place to hang our hand towel.**

The fintorp comes in different lengths, but the best part may be the accessories. We have a bucket*** and a napkin holder. The bucket holds our bag clips, while the napkin holder holds napkins.**** I've been considering picking up another fintorp and additional accessories. It really helps to free up counter space.

Pictured: napkins

I feel like the other thing Ikea is known for is making you put together your items. It can be fun. It can be annoying. It can be hard or easy. With the fintrop, you just screw it to the wall, so installation was a cinch. You don't even have to screw it to the kitchen wall. My mom put hers in her bathroom! The sky is the limit!

Ikea has a lot of fun stuff. If you're visiting, be sure to look at the fintrop. They have different styles, colors, and lenghts, as well as a multitude of accessories. It's a good purchase.

*Ikea has the most interesting names for their items. There is actually a video of a guy following his lady around and saying the names of the items. It's actually quite funny. She has the patience of a saint. Since seeing it, Mark does that when we go to Ikea.

**We used to keep it on the door of the refrigerator, but I haven't wanted to keep it on there since we got the new one. We also tried hanging it on the dishwasher, but the towel would touch the floor when we opened the door of the dishwasher. The fintrop was the logical solution.

***Oh, no! They takin' mah bucket!

Most of the clips are
currently in use.

****It made sense. I know, I know... Who puts napkins in a napkin holder?

No comments:

Post a Comment