Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sam's Club Photos

I remember how expensive it used to be to buy your photos.  Before digital, you had to buy the expensive film.  Then, you had to pay to have it developed, which was also expensive.  Of course, not all of your pictures were worth developing, but you had to take the good with the bad.  You didn't know until after the fact what you had.  Now, it's all digital, and that has opened up a world of awesome.  I actually chose pictures from my computer and had them developed at Sam's Club in ten minutes.  Welcome to the future!

I'm working on a project and needed to print out some pictures.  Mark let me know that I can sign up on the Sam's Club website to order prints.  You set up an account, upload your pictures, then decide what to order.  You can do some basic editing on the site, and you can choose what size you need, up to an 8x10.

Since they make you create an account, Sam's rewards you with 25 free 4x6 prints.  How awesome is that? I opted not to use my free prints today.  I had ordered a variety of sizes, from wallet up to 8x10.  After completing my order, they sent me an email asking me to pick up my photos at the nearest club any time after an hour and a half.

By the time I drove to the club, about ten minutes later, the pictures had already printed out.  For the dozen or so pictures I got, it was under $4.  So, here in the future, I can pick which pictures I want, choose the appropriate size, and pick them up ten minutes later....all for a few bucks.  What is not to love??

If you need to order pictures  I know there are a lot of different websites you can use.  I haven't tried any of the others yet, but I know the Sam's site works really well.  It's easy to use and the service is speedy.  This is just another of the many things that Sam's Club excels at.

No comments:

Post a Comment