Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chi Chi's Sweet Corn Cake Mix

I miss Chi Chi's.  They had some awesome food.*  That was the first place I had a chimichanga, tortilla soup, and sweet corn cake.  Since then, I have found few places that make those items as well as Chi Chi's did.**  I am pleased to report that you can get a mix to make the sweet corn cake in the comfort of your own home.

While shopping in Target, I found the mix.  At first, I was shocked.  Then...I was super excited.  I remembered really liking the sweet corn cake.  After checking out the needed ingredients, I bought it and headed home.  I was already planning on making tacos, so it worked out well.

Mark was kind enough to cook dinner, so he prepped the sweet corn cake.  The ingredients were pretty standard, with cream corn being the only item you may not have on hand.  You mix butter, the cream corn, the mix, and water then put it in a loaf pan which then goes in the oven.  The hardest part was waiting forty five minutes for it to be done baking.

Once it is cooked, you eat it with a spoon or fork.  It's too wet to eat like bread, but it stays together well.  It's delicious too!  I have no idea how well it keeps, as we ate pretty much all of it.

If you're looking for something to add to your taco night, pick up the Chi Chi's sweet corn cake mix.  It's easy to make and really tasty.  I'm starting to wish we had some left...

*You know...aside from the food poisoning.

**Don Pablo's made amazing tortilla soup, but they've also gone the way of the dodo bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment