Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sallie Mae - The Website

I'm not a big fan of student loans.  I accept the bed I have made, but I don't have to like it.  Between Mark and I, we have student loan payments that rival a mortgage.  None of this is important to you, but it does lay out some ground work.  It explains why I have to interact with the Sallie Mae website.  I'll try to keep the review of the website about the website, rather than my feelings regarding Sallie Mae and their customer service.*

The Sallie Mae website is pretty enough, but it isn't the most user friendly.  When you log on, it is almost impossible to find your basic payment.  Additionally, finding the correspondences they have sent took me forever.  If you have more than one loan, they are listed separately.  That make sense, but it would be nice to see an overall picture.  If there are late fees, they should be specifically listed.  Sallie Mae should make it easy to find what you owe and on what date.

I pay additional student loans to Discover, so I'm familiar with the website of another company that services some student loans.**  On their site, I can find the information that I was previously discussing.  Discover's site is easy to navigate and makes sense.  The Sallie Mae site seems intentionally obtuse.

There isn't a whole lot of choice for me at this point when it comes to dealing with student loans.  I can't change the servicer at this point, but I can point out the lackluster website that Sallie Mae has presented.  With as much money as they're getting, you would think they could spend a bit more money on their site.

*We have called and spoken to multiple people about multiple issues with our loans.  Most of the time, it is difficult to get answers.  When you do, they're usually different than the final outcome.  We get multiple answers to the same question, and it is incredibly annoying.

**I give them my money.  It's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment