Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Devil May Cry

I remember when the original Devil May Cry came out.  I remember it being awesome and fun to watch.  There were bright colors and movement.  It was all win.  Because I was familiar with the original games, I was a little apprehensive about the new incarnation of Dante.  It turns out that I needn't have worried.

Let me be clear.  This game is not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but it is really fun to watch.  There is a decent amount of humor coupled with some fun action sequence.  If it was a movie, it would be on par with the craziness that was Cranked.*  There is a bit of a creepy edge to it, as well.  It's a good mix.

I can't speak as to the actual game play because I continue to be a voyeur.  I figure it must be pretty good since Mark is playing through again for me.  He thought I would like watching it, so he started over.  He isn't one for playing games more than once.  That alone says a great deal about Devil May Cry.

The mechanics appear largely similar to the original games, but that is part of the fun.  You've got your guns, swords, axes, and the like.  You get an army of monsters to use them on.  What more could you want?

If you're looking for a fun game, you could play Devil May Cry.  Mark picked it up on Steam, so I'm sure they'll have a sale on it someday.  When they do, give it a shot.

*You know...that movie with Jason Statham....where he takes his shirt off....  Oh, wait...that's all of his movies....

No comments:

Post a Comment