Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pizza Hut's Online Ordering

Mark and I frequently have discussions about being good.  We want to completely stop eating out and start going to the gym.  Thus far, it's not going so hot.  Since I got out of work a bit on the late side, we decided to just order a pizza.  Mark had seen the commercials for the new pizza sliders from Pizza Hut, so we pulled up the website and placed an order.

The Pizza Hut website isn't bad; unfortunately, it isn't very good either.

  1. Not all items are available through online ordering.  I have been caffeine free since September, but I still enjoy Sprite.  Since our local Pizza Hut only has Pepsi products, I can make do with Sierra Mist.  Unfortunately, Mark had to call to add a 2 liter to our order, as it didn't show up as on option online.
  2. They do not make it easy to see what toppings come on items.  Tonight, I was trying to order a P'Zone, and I was pretty sure Mark and I would be happy splitting the Supremo.  When I brought it up, it wouldn't tell me what the toppings were.  I had to google it.*
  3. The after order experience is pretty lackluster.  They ask you to create a profile for easier ordering next time, but they do not keep you up to date on your order status.  Domino's has spoiled me when it comes to the after order experience.**
The Pizza Hut website is serviceable, but it isn't very impressive.  They've just barely met the minimum requirements for a functional site, and they have definitely not gone above and beyond.  We've ordered from Domino's in the past over Pizza Hut based solely on the ordering experience.  Pizza Hut, I know you can do better.***

*How fun is it that you can use google as a verb?!?

**They tell you who is doing what to your pizza.  I'm pretty sure if they spit in it, the computer will tell me.  After all, the internet has to tell the truth.

***On a side note, the food was pretty good.  Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment