Monday, January 6, 2014

Strudel!!!

I've been wanting to review the Fresh Market, but frankly, it's too big of a review for tonight. Besides, I don't have any good pictures. On the other hand, while adventuring there tonight, we did pick up some amazing strudel!

It's cherry filled!

I find that it is difficult to obtain quality strudel*. Oftentimes, it us under-filled or the pastry itself is mushy, especially on the bottom. Sometimes, it goes to the other extreme, with the pastry crumbling and being way too dry.

You don't get a cross-section shot, as I was busy eating it!

Luckily, the Fresh Market knows how to make strudel.** The pastry is appropriately flaky, with a nice sugar finish. They do not skimp on the filling. The cherry sauce was practically oozing out. You could probably warm it up if you wanted to, but I'm fine with room temperature pastry.

The strudel is the second of the Fresh Market pastries that we have tried. They also make these strawberry and cream cheese pastries that look kind of like pop over muffins. They are exquisite. I'm starting to think they're the best place to buy pies, pastries, and the like.

If you like strudel, try some from the Fresh Market. They have a variety of flavors. While it can be pricey, it's actually worth it.***

*Seriously, every time I think of strudel, I think of the movie "Gotcha", which I'm sure most of you have never seen. It starrred Anthony Edwards when he still had hair!

**Or they know how to buy it and box it up. Either way, it's full of win.

***I mean, I wouldn't buy them every week, but they're a nice treat.


Today's bonus picture is Anthony Edwards with hair! 
Also, that may be a paintball gun!****

****I've borrowed the image from Unrealitymag. I don't know much about their site, but it looks pretty neat. They recommended that you watch Gotcha, so that gets them mad props.*****

*****Okay, I just skimmed over their site, and it's actually right up my alley. Maybe you should check it out. There's a link up there and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment