Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Spotify

I really, really like music. Unfortunately, I can't dance. I can't sing.* I have a decent size iTunes library, and I'm not shy about buying music when the urge strikes me. ITunes is installed on both my laptop and my iPhone.** At times when the store isn't working on my phone and my laptop is across the room, I get desperate. I visit Youtube to listen to whatever song I'm currently wanting to hear. Sounds like a decent solution, right? Wrong! Apparently, Youtube is just plain terrible.

You would think it's not doing anything because it's a screenshot. 
It wasn't doing anything when I took the shot either!

I've found a better option, a much better option. Meet Spotify!

No matter how much he loves chaos, the Joker
is all about Spotify.***

Let me tell you how I came to meet Spotify. As usual, I was browsing Reddit when there was a discussion regarding the best one hit wonders of all time. One of the redditors was awesome enough to compile that list in Spotify, and let me just tell you that I love me some one hit wonders. Unfortunately, I didn't have this Spotify thing. After some internet sleuthing, I figured out where to download it. After a few minutes with the easy to use interface, I was listening to that amazing playlist.

With Spotify, you can **** search by artist, playlist, album, or song. Heck, there are probably other ways to search, but those are the ones I have used. I have been playing random songs since I started this review and have yet to find something they don't have. I'm sure there are songs that are not on there, but apparently, they are not songs I am interested in.

Now, with the free service I'm utilizing, I do have to listen to the occasional ad, but they are short and sweet. It's nothing too terribly annoying. You can pay for your service, but I don't know if that removes the ads. Mark actually paid for it for a month so we could use it when driving to Disney in October. It was pretty awesome, although it did push us over our data cap.***** We listened to all of the Jim Gaffigan comedy albums.******

The sound quality is good, the interface is user friendly, and the price is definitely right. Spotify pushes all my buttons and doesn't even make me pay for it!

Before we get to your bonus picture, let me give you a list of the songs I listened to while working on this:


  • River of Dreams - Billy Joel
  • We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
  • Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
  • 99 Problems - Hugo
  • Old Tyme Religion - Hugo*******
  • Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus********
  • Sweet Transvestite - Tim Curry in Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • I Can Make You a Man (Reprise) - Tim Curry in Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Under Pressure - Queen
  • Don't Stop Me Now - Queen***********
  • In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins
  • Royals - Lorde
  • Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas***********

All in all, that's a pretty impressive grouping of music that I got to listen to for free.**********

For tonight's bonus picture, I present my brother
dramatically pumping gas. For those of you that have been keeping 
track through other means, you'll notice he has sleeves in this picture!


*No, I'm not Phil Collins.

**Whether you want it or not.

***See, I added the Spotify logo to the card! Seriously, do not judge my photo-shop skills. I did the best I could! One time, I did an awesome photo-shop of my good friend Rick with Captain Picard. It was freaking amazing. I had better tools then. I just used Paint this time. I also would have been done a while ago if I had just let it go, but I didn't want to! What's sad is that it isn't bad enough to give you a good laugh, nor is it good enough to be impressive. Oh, well. I'll do better next time!

****I just realized what I don't like about the shop job! Sorry it came mid-sentence, but you just gotta get things out sometimes. The green is too bright for the color temperature of the picture! I wanted to keep the original Spotify color, and that was my mistake. I feel better now.

*****By the way, screw you, Verizon. You promised us unlimited data for life, but you'r a liar! You took it away. You'd best hope I don't run into you in a dark alley....with my car!

******He's actually very, very funny. Right now, all I remember is something about Hot Pockets, but I remember laughing.

*******Seriously, my babies may be conceived to his music.

********I have got to give her props for re-inventing herself. She did what she set out to do by putting herself in the spotlight. I don't necessarily like how she did it, but she and her people know what to do. Also, I like this song. I don't want to, but I do. Don't be a hater.

*********Without breaking the law, thank you. I'm lawful good over here.

***********This song will always remind me of Supernatural, a great show. Go watch it now. I think it's still on Netflix, and there are a ton of episodes.

************Every time I hear this song, I immediately think of Shaun of the Dead, which is a great movie. If you haven't seen it, get to it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment