Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Bath & Body Works Hand Soaps

We pretty much use the Bath & Body Works hand soaps exclusively in our home.  There is just something very satisfying about going in there and filling up a blue tote with all sorts of neat smells.*  If you visit our guest bathroom and look under the sink, you'll see multiple bags of Bath & Body Works hand soaps.  Sometimes, we just go nuts in there.

Now, we prefer the normal consistency soap over the foaming soap.  It seems that the foaming soap goes very quickly.  This could just be a weird perception with us, but both Mark and I felt that way.  The foaming soaps clean just as well; they just don't seem to last as long.

Bath & Body Works realizes that maybe you want your soap to look fancy.  As such, they've created metal pieces that fit over the bottles.  This lets you add a bit of flair.**  They will theme them to the seasons too!  It would be nice if the labels would peel off of the actual bottles for a more pleasing aesthetic  but that's not a make it or break it issue.

My only true gripe when it comes to the Bath & Body Works hand soaps is the pumps.  When I pull out a new bottle of hand soap, there is a one in three chance that the pump will not pop up as it is supposed to.  This means I have to dig out the bottle I just discarded to retrieve the working pump that I just threw away.***

I like the Bath & Body Works hand soaps.  Could I get cheaper hand soap elsewhere?  Probably.  Do I want to give up our excursions into Scented Soap Shangir-La?  Heck no.  Mark and I will continue using those soaps, even if the pumps don't always work.  We might be visiting too often; some of the employees even recognize us now.****

*The kitchen lemon is a common go to for us.

**Who needs flair for their hand soap?  We do!  Well, we did...until Mark threw the metal thingy away.  He wasn't thinking.

***Or in the case of tonight, I just throw the unopened, nonworking bottle back in the bag and picked another scent.

****One girl talks to us about wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment